Dress Size Chart
UK Dress Size Chart and Women's Tops Size Guide
Finding the perfect dress is not always an easy task, especially when it comes to sizing. That's why it's important to understand the UK dress size chart, which is a standard measurement system used in the United Kingdom. This chart can help you find the right size for your body type, ensuring that you feel comfortable and confident in your outfit.
In this page, we will provide a comprehensive guide to the UK dress size chart, including how to use it, tips for measuring accurately, and frequently asked questions. So, whether you're shopping online or in-store, you'll be equipped with the knowledge to find your perfect fit.
How to Measure Yourself The Proper Way
When purchasing a dress from Bleszd, it is essential to measure yourself accurately to ensure a proper fit and enhance your overall appearance. Precise measurements are crucial, as they assist you in selecting the correct size and style that complements your body shape. Follow the steps outlined below to measure yourself effectively and make an informed decision when buying a dress.
Obtain the necessary tools:
- A flexible measuring tape: Choose a soft, non-stretchable measuring tape for accurate measurements.
- A full-length mirror: This will allow you to assess the fit and appearance of the dress.
Wear suitable undergarments:
- To obtain accurate measurements, wear well-fitting undergarments that you would normally pair with a dress, such as a seamless bra and underwear. This ensures that your measurements are not distorted.
Measure your bust: A
- Stand up straight with your arms relaxed at your sides.
- Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your bust, ensuring it remains parallel to the ground.
- Make sure the tape is snug but not too tight, allowing for ease of movement and breathing.
- Note down the measurement in inches or centimetres.
Measure your waist: B
- Locate your natural waistline by bending to one side—the point where your body naturally creases.
- Wrap the measuring tape around your waistline, ensuring it is parallel to the ground.
- Keep the tape snug but not overly tight.
- Record the measurement.
Measure your hips: C
- Position your feet together and stand straight.
- Place the measuring tape around the fullest part of your hips, typically around 7-9 inches (18-23 cm) below your waist.
- Ensure the tape is parallel to the ground and snug but not constricting.
- Take note of the measurement.
Measure your length:
- If you are looking for a dress with a specific length, measure your desired length using the measuring tape.
- Start from your natural waistline and extend the tape down to the desired hemline, such as above the knee or ankle.
- Take the measurement, considering any heels or shoes you plan to wear with the dress.
Compare your measurements with the dress's size chart:
- Consult our dress's size chart provided by BLESZD.
- Compare your measurements to the corresponding size in the chart.
- Select the size that most closely matches your measurements, considering our specific sizing guidelines.
Consider additional factors:
- Keep in mind that dress sizes may vary among different brands and designers. Therefore, it is vital to check their individual size charts to find the best fit.
- Take note of any additional information provided by the retailer, such as the dress's fabric stretch or specific fit recommendations.
By meticulously measuring yourself and comparing your measurements to our dress size chart, you can confidently select a dress that will flatter your body shape and provide a comfortable fit. Remember, accurate measurements are key to ensuring a successful and satisfying dress-buying experience.
Our seamstresses have many years of experience in making clothing and their knowledge and expertise was also used in compiling this guide.